Monday 6 February 2012

Crew Quarters Thumbnails


The first thing I think of when I think 'space station' is 'horribly, horribly cramped'. Space would be at a premium, so everyone would be living in each others' armpits, so to speak. I looked at Japanese capsule hotels to see just how small a space a human being can comfortably stay in, then tweaked it to allow for permanent residence. The super-small #3 is an interesting idea, but in terms of staging it would be insanely awkward, so something more slightly spacious would be necessary.

In other news, this is my 100th post! Huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg,

    Sorry for the lateness but juggling about 50 things at the moment. Running out of arms :P

    Now, RE your post. Its good to see you thinking about beds cuz yeah I imagine bunks to be used. From my personal experience with space stations you usually have the crews quarters which is a massive area where the crew meet and greet.

    You have the private quarters for senior staff, you have the staff quarters for general staff. You have the the cockpit usually the biggest stations have to have a control panel.

    If I think of more ill post here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg :) these thumbnails are really awesome, especially thumbnail 1 & 3a . but yeh I have to agree with stich a little bit here :) it would be a nice touch instead of using the concept of isolation in your story :)

    ReplyDelete